SPARC has been recognized by National Remote Sensing Centre (Indian Space Research Organization, Department of Space) for its proficiency in interpretation of satellite imageries since the year 2000. From then onwards, SPARC has worked extensively in interpretation of various types of censor data such as panchromatic data, multi-spectral data, WiFS data for different types of mapping application ranging from 1:2000 scale to 1:50,000 scale. Such remote sensing studies have been used for application in urban planning, forest mapping, agricultural planning, mine management, environmental impact assessment, telecommunication planning, land use and land cover assessment, 3D visualization, slope analysis, change detection studies, disaster vulnerability analysis, alignment planning, site selection studies, NDVI mapping, etc.
The remote sensing data supported with ground truth information using GPS data is often used for large scale digital interpretation such as forest stock estimation, forest density mapping, bio-diversity mapping, land use mapping and change detection over large geo-graphics, etc.
SPARC’s skill base comprises of expertise in ERDAS Imagine, Arc GIS, ER Mapper, ENVI, and ILWIS. Our team is also conversant with manual, supervised, automated/un-supervised image interpretation techniques.
SPARC’s team is also conversant with various photogrammetric methods using aerial photographs, Lidar data, etc. The photogrammetry services include:
- Aerial triangulation using control survey data
- Ortho-image generation
- Generation of digital surface model
- Generation of digital terrain model
- Generation of digital elevation model
- Interpretation/generation of contours
Such services are often used for layout and contour generation, 3D city modeling, road attribute data preparation from aerial photographs, etc.
- Preparation of Urban area base map using High Resolution Satellite Imagery
- Estimation of Net Present Value of Forests in a Proposed Steel Plant site
- Forest Working plan preparation using GIS
- GIS/DGPS survey supported micro-planning for Joint Forest Management
- Site selection for locating a coal to liquid project using GIS & Remote Sensing
- Land use mapping for Power Plant near Trombay
- GIS based analysis on shoreline changes and impact on Coastal vegetation
- Crop planning using GIS