The business of mineral exploration and extraction is inherently spatial. Mines cover large expanses of land and the mine managers require access to volumes of location based information to guide the operation. SPARC’s GIS solutions help mining professionals to meet the complex challenges of running the mine operation by providing the necessary with tools to compile, process, display, analyze and archive volumes of spatial-temporal data.
SPARC’s mining services and solutions include
- S-MART (SPARC Mine Area Referencing Template). This solution helps mining companies to comprehensively maintain lease information, mining plan information and environment related information in a geo-referenced environment (as being mandated by Government of India). S-MART helps user target mineral exploration, evaluate mining condition, prepare mining plan, track mineral transport, assess environmental impact, plan reclamation, process closure, improve facility management, manage land titles, etc.
- GIS based Mines Information System for Regulators for issue of mining permits
- Mine Asset Tracking and Production Monitoring.
- Geo-referencing of mine lease area, forest area, safety zones, compensatory afforestation using DGPS (mandated by IBM and MoEF).
- Land use monitoring through Satellite Remote Sensing.
- GIS based Integrated Spatial Information of a coal mine
- Land acquisition Processing for a coal block
- Environmental study of an Iron Ore mine
- Forest land study for mineral prospecting
- Lease and forest Boundary geo-referencing of a Bauxite Mine
- Geo-referencing of forest land of Coal mine of Mahanadi Coal Field
- Environmental study of a coal block
- Land use assessment of RAMPIA coal block
- Forest Land demarcation of Manganese Mines of Tata Steel
- Forest land study of a coal block for a Coal to Liquid Plant
- Forest land study for Fatehpur East Coal block
- DGPS Survey and Forest land study for Uranium Corporation of India Ltd.